Thursday, September 17, 2009

Adding Curb apeal on a Budget


The last few days I have been able to get some things done around the house and I spent most of my focus on adding curb appeal. I was able to do a lot for just $50 by using plants that I already had and purchasing some great deals. For just $50 I was able to purchase 60 different plants and am excited about the results.




My first find was a guy selling mums near the Ford plant from his backyard garden. For $4 I was able to get some good sized mums that were really good sizes (about the size of a basketball). I gave the guy $40 bucks and drove away with my truck bed just about totally full of flowers. I also had some day lillys and some ornamental grasses that I was able to split up and replant in order to cover more ground. That helped my landscape bed look fuller and I didn't spend any money at all on it.




Later that day I went into Wal-Mart and found a deal on Tulips $10 for a pack of 5o bulbs. I planted the bulbs first 43 in one area then put the mums on top of them. That way I will have something there year round. Once the mums die down all you have to do is cut them down to the roots then cover them with mulch. Then just wait for spring to hit and your tulips will start to come up. It should really look nice and not really cost a lot of money.

No comments: