Thursday, September 15, 2011

I love showing Farms!


In the past few months I have shown a variety of farms, I have shown a few Thoroughbred farms and some other great horse farms in Oldham and Shelby Counties with price tags up to $850,000. These farms had outstanding top notch barns with beautiful four board fences and gorgeous rolling fields. The homes on some these farms had all the amenities anyone could ask for in a luxury home.

Here lately I have been showing more affordable farms (about $2,500 per acre) that are set up for traditional farming purposes. Farms that you would grow; hay, soy beans, tobacco, corn or raise cattle. I have learned a lot from Roy Weeks at United Citizens Bank in Cambellsburg. Such as farm loans are given at a very low rate, my clients are looking at a 2% loan but are financing it over 40 years. Another things is the payments on a farm are structured way differently for instance you only make farm payments only once a year after you have sold your grain or livestock.

I still have both of these buyers and hope to close a deal with them soon but until then I will keep soaking up more and more information on this aspect of Real Estate and make myself even more of a diverse agent.

No comments: